What is Tonsils?
There are oval shaped organs on both sides of our throat which are known as tonsils. When there is any kind of infection in it, swelling increases with burning in it. Due to which there is pain in eating, drinking as well as swallowing saliva.
Also Read – टॉन्सिल ग्रेडिंग – टॉन्सिल आकार का मानकीकृत ग्रेडिंग
Burning or swelling of the tonsils may occur. Adenoids can sometimes swell in addition to tonsillitis.
How Many Types of Tonsils Are There?
Three categories exist:
- Acute tonsillitis: Although they can last up to two weeks, these symptoms usually last for 3 or 4 days.
- Chronic tonsillitis: This is when tonsillitis recurs repeatedly throughout the year.
- Persistent tonsillitis: You experience a chronic tonsil infection at this point.
Symptoms of Tonsil
Between the age of six and the mid-teens, children are most often affected by tonsillitis. The following are typical tonsillitis symptoms and signs:
- Red and enlarged tonsils
- Tonsils with a white or yellow coating or spots
- Unhealthy throat
- Difficulty swallowing or discomfort
- Neck lymph nodes that are enlarged and painful
- A heavy, or hoarse voice
- Bad breath
- Abdominal pain
- Neck discomfort or stiffness
Symptoms of tonsillitis in young children who are unable to express their feelings include:
- Difficulty swallowing along with drooling
- Not Eating Food
- Strange Haste
Due to Tonsils
Tonsillitis is a bacterial and viral infection. A specific cause is streptococcus (strep) bacteria, which can also result in strep throat. Other specific reasons include:
- Influenza virus
- Virus Epstein-barr
- Parainfluenza Virus
- Herpes Simplex Virus
How to Cure Tonsillitis in 4 Hours
Sore throat or sore throat is the main symptom of tonsillitis. Tonsillitis is caused due to bacterial or viral infection. Tonsils swell due to infection and start giving pain.
Also Read – गर्भावस्था के लक्षण – Pregnancy Symptoms in Hindi
If you are suffering from recurrent tonsillitis or chronic tonsillitis, then you have to face many problems. Not only do you become unhealthy, apart from this your daily activities are also affected. In such a situation, the person seeks acute treatment of tonsillitis.
These symptoms may be seen in a person suffering from tonsillitis-
- Loss of Appetite
- Difficulty Swallowing
- Bad Breath
- Enlarged Tonsils
- Sore Throat and Swelling
- Ear Pain
Home Remedies for Tonsils
Tonsils ie inside the throat, there is a bacterial infection in the affected part. The problem of tonsils often comes to the fore when there is a change in the weather. In winter, there is often a problem like sore throat or tonsils. This makes it difficult to eat and drink. Sometimes tonsils take such a serious form that it takes several weeks to heal. In this disease, along with swelling in the throat, severe pain starts. Therefore, it is very important to get proper treatment of tonsils. According to Ayurvedic, tonsil disease is caused due to unhealthy eating habits. Influenza causes tonsils, also known as flu. To overcome the problem of tonsils, it is not necessary to take medicine, with the help of some home remedies, it also provides a lot of relief.
- Lemon is a very good home remedy for the treatment of tonsillitis. Add the juice of fresh lemon to warm water and mix it with honey and salt and drink it slowly. Drink at least three times a day. By doing this, the trouble caused by tonsillitis will start getting relief.
- Gargle with salt water. This reduces swelling. This is a very easy way to cure tonsils at home.
- Vinegar is very beneficial in mouth problem. Gargling with apple cider vinegar mixed with warm water cures throat infection and provides relief in tonsils.
- Mix a pinch of turmeric powder with boiled hot milk and consume it before sleeping at night. This is a very effective home remedy.
- Tulsi is rich in antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties. If you are troubled by tonsillitis, then put 10 to 12 basil leaves in a cup of water and boil it for 10 minutes. Filter that water and separate it. Drink it Do this process continuously for 3 days. You will get rest.
Elderly or children How to get rid of tonsillitis immediately?
- Drink plenty of water 75 percent of our body fluids are made up of water.
- Do not take hard diet Do not consume any such diet which causes pain in your throat.
- Gargle with saltwater
- Take Strepsils
- Stay away from allergies
- Use throat spray
How to eat in tonsils?
You may want to try some of the following:
- Hot, cooked pasta, such as macaroni and cheese.
- Warm grits, cereals, or oatmeal
- Gummy desserts
- Yogurt made without fruit puree or fruit puree
- Steamed vegetables
- Fruit or vegetable smoothie
- Mashed potato
- Soup with Broth and Cream Base
- Liquids that are not acidic, such as apple or grape juice
- Boiled or fried eggs
- You can stay healthy by consuming these foods and beverages without aggravating your sore throat.
Can I eat banana in tonsils?
Since bananas are a soft fruit and are often found in our homes or markets, they make a suitable dinner for tonsillitis. It provides you with ample amounts of vitamins, minerals and energy and is easy to consume.
Also Read – Himalaya Pilex Tablet Uses, Dosage, Side Effects and Benefits
What should not be eaten in tonsils?
Foods that can further aggravate your throat or cause difficulty in swallowing should be avoided. These meals may include:
- Cracker and Crusty Bread
- Sauces and Seasonings with a Kick
- Dry snacks such as pretzels, popcorn, or potato chips
- Raw, fresh vegetables
- Oranges, lemons, tomatoes and grapes are examples of acidic fruits.
Dairy consumption can cause thick or excessive mucus in some individuals. This makes you want to clear your throat frequently, which can irritate your throat.
What Are The Best Medicines for Tonsils?
To ease the pain, your doctor may also recommend taking acetaminophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen (Advil). Aspirin should not be given to your child because it is associated with Reye’s syndrome, a serious disease
What is The Cost of Tonsil Treatment in India?
In India, the cost of tonsillectomy usually ranges between Rs 55,000 and Rs 60,000. However, the cost of tonsillectomy usually varies based on several circumstances, including the health of the patient, the degree of inflammation, the experience of the surgeon, etc.
Ayurvedic Remedies to Get Rid of Tonsils – Patanjali Medicine for Tonsils
Swami Ramdev has told some Ayurvedic remedies to get rid of tonsils, by adopting which you can get 100 percent relief from this problem.
- Take the inhaled pill.
- Licking the powder of Shamsaari Trikuta Sitopaladi with honey along with the tablet of Shamsaari will provide benefit.
- Licking the powder of Trikuta, Baheda and Gaudanti with honey provides relief from all throat related problems.
- Boiling acacia in water and gargling with it also provides relief in tonsils.
Homeopathic Treatment of Tonsillitis
Homeopathic medicines cure tonsillitis so well that surgery is never required. Homeopathy can not only cure acute tonsillitis immediately but also eliminates very chronic tonsillitis from its root. In patients with such acute tonsillitis, they not only cure pain, but they also cure swelling, redness and fever or fever.
Also Read – Adiyogi: The Source of Yoga
5 Best Homeopathic Medicines for Tonsillitis
Based on my experience, I am giving the names of these 5 best homeopathic medicines. These are the drugs that are most commonly used. This does not mean that only one of these 5 medicines will work at all times. It has to be seen what kind of symptoms are in the patient and those symptoms have to be matched with the symptoms of medicines. But the medicines that I am telling here are the most commonly used ones.
The 5 best homeopathic medicines for tonsillitis are –
- Arsenic Album – Best homeopathic medicine for tonsillitis with restlessness and thirst
- Belladonna – Homeopathic medicine for tonsillitis with redness
- Hepar Sulfur – Homeopathic medicine with pus or pus
- Merck Sol – Best medicine for tonsillitis with excessive sweating
- Baryta Carb – Best homeopathic medicine for tonsillitis caused by cold
Tonsils Ayurvedic Treatment and Yoga
- Some people have a rash like sting in the part of the tonsils which is called Tonsils Stone. This happens due to not chewing properly or due to germs.
- Many people try to remove this white grainy part from the finger through YouTube videos, which should not be done.
- For this, you can gargle with a glass of warm water mixed with some apple cider vinegar. With this treatment, the stone breaks and comes out.
- Tonsil stone can be eliminated even by gargling with warm water and salt.
- Many people have benefited in removing stones by drinking herbal tea. If you want, you can also try the herbal tea method.
Tablet Name for Tonsils
Friends, tonsils are in our mouth since birth. The function of tonsils is to protect the throat from infection whenever we eat or drink something. But when we consume some wrong things, then there is an infection in the tonsils and it gets worse. Which is called tonsillitis in medical language. Most of the hot water rinses are said to cure tonsillitis.
Also Read – अमरबेल के फायदे और नुकसान – Amarbel in Hindi
Most of the doctors recommend using Hexidine Mouth Wash to cure Tonsillitis. Apart from this, if you have fever during tonsillitis, then you are also advised to use Paracetamol tablet. If there is no difference in your tonsillitis even with their use, then you should immediately see your nearest doctor and follow the guidelines given by him.
When is Tonsil Surgery Done?
Usually tonsils heal in one to one and a half weeks after taking antibiotics. If your tonsils do not get better in one to one and a half weeks even after antibiotic home treatment, then you should immediately consult your nearest doctor.
If you have tonsillitis, you should stay away from the food products mentioned below
Sour items – which include vegetables, fruits, chutneys and pickles
- Yogurt and buttermilk
- All pickled vegetables and other foods
- Fried foods
- Meat – which has been prepared by roasting, with more oil, spicy.
- All kinds of sauces
- Caffeinated diet
- All kinds of canned food
- Frozen diet
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why are tonsils removed?
Ans – If the infection occurs more than four to six times in a year. Enlarge the size of the tonsils on one side. Due to their increase in size, there is difficulty in swallowing. Back infection in one and a half months after removal of pus in tonsils.
Q: What happens when tonsils are removed?
Ans – If the tonsils are causing more trouble then only they are removed. Removing it does not have any adverse effect on the body.
Q: Why is it wrong to enlarge the tonsils?
Ans – We have two tonsils in our throat. However, it is not considered unusual for tonsils to increase only slightly in size until they begin to interfere with eating or breathing. if one side If the size of the tonsils is increasing very much, then do not ignore it. It can also be a symptom of cancer.
Q: Is Tonsillitis Contagious?
Ans – Yes, tonsillitis is contagious. Sneezing and coughing can transmit germs from person to person and make another person sick.
Q: When to go to the doctor?
Ans – Below we are giving information about some symptoms or conditions, as soon as they are seen, the child should be taken to the doctor immediately (12).
- If the child has a sore throat for more than two days.
- There is trouble and pain in eating or swallowing food.
- The child is very sick or feels weak.
- Having trouble breathing.
- Saliva is dripping from the child’s mouth.
- There is a lot of trouble in swallowing anything.
Q: Which doctor removes tonsils?
Ans – Tonsil surgery, also known as tonsillectomy, is one of the most common forms of throat surgery. Ear, nose and throat (ENT) specialists have experience in performing tonsil surgery, but the procedure is usually associated with children as they are most affected by tonsil problems.
Q: Why do tonsils swell?
Ans – Tonsils act as filters in our throat, which prevent germs from entering the body. Apart from this, tonsils also make antibodies in the body to fight infection. But sometimes the number of bacteria or viruses increases due to which the infection starts spreading in the throat and this causes swelling and pain in the throat.
Q: What happens if you don’t remove your tonsils?
Ans – If it is not treated it can be serious. This can lead to obesity, heart problems and other problems. Surgery to remove your tonsils may help. Recurrent tonsillitis can make it difficult for some people to breathe or swallow.
Q: Can tonsils cause death?
Ans – Tonsillitis, with associated tonsillar hypertrophy, is a common disease of childhood, yet it is rarely associated with sudden death due to airway obstruction. Fatal complications associated with swollen tonsils include hemorrhage, retropharyngeal abscess and disseminated sepsis.
Q: Why is one tonsil bigger than the other?
Ans – Yes, sometimes one tonsil can be bigger than the other. In the majority of cases, this is due to a previous infection, or a slight difference in the anatomy of the tonsil extension on either side. Tumors or cancers of the tonsils are very rare.
Q: Do tonsils shrink with age?
Ans – Tonsils are an essential part of the immune system, preventing germs from entering the mouth or nose. Tonsils usually shrink with age; But for some people this is not the case. As a result, the tonsils can become overwhelmed and infected.
Q: Is tonsil surgery done?
Ans – Tonsillectomy, a surgical method to remove the entire tonsil to prevent further infections, is a simple procedure and may cause some difficulty swallowing for at least two weeks. Tonsillectomy surgery usually reduces pain.
Q: What is tonsil disease?
Ans – Tonsillitis or tonsils is a disease related to the throat in which there is swelling on both sides of the throat. In the beginning, pain is felt inside the mouth on both sides of the throat and fever also comes again and again. Tonsils can also cause many other health problems.
Q: What do tonsils look like?
Ans – Tonsil stones are small white or yellowish lumps that form on the back of your throat. They develop when food, bacteria, and other debris (waste) become trapped in small folds on the surface of your tonsils.
Also Read – Kshar Sutra Treatment, Side Effects, Benefits and Price